Sunday, March 3, 2013

LEGO exhibit

On Monday my mom and I took Cannon and Brooklyn to lunch with their padre then on to see a Lego art exhibit in Park City.  It was called "The Art of the Brick" by Nathan Sawya.  The artist, Nathan Sawya, was a successful lawyer and gave up his practice to pursue his real passion...LEGOS.  He now has a huge gallery in NYC and LA and a traveling exhibit that is at the Kimball Junction Art Center right now.  The exhibit was very impressive! Here's a few of the pieces, every single part is made of LEGOS!  
Brooky loved the castle.  There was a mote around it and the outside of the book had a story about a princess.  Very cool! Even the story was made from LEGOS.
I'm not sure what it was about this piece but I really liked it.
The LEGO man
Mount Rushmore

There were a couple other pieces  I should have snagged a pic of.  It was really neat.  

I made the mistake of classifying the museum as a surprise for C, so he naturally had huge expectations! I thought the museum was surprise enough but it wasn't, as we left with Cannon in tears because "this surprise wasn't super cool."  I have come to the conclusion that most of parenthood is completely under appreciated and when you try to do something nice for your kids it usually blows up in your face.  I'm hoping one day he will appreciate the fact that I am tyning to "culture" his sweet soul and that he will realize how lucky he is.  Until then I guess I will keep trying and probably failing but hoping some of it sticks.  I will say that he did talk about the exhibit later that night and was telling his dad how cool it was, so I guess it wasn't a total fail and hey...Brooky, grandma and I enjoyed it so I'm giving myself a 75% satisfactory rating!

0 comments: