Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bargain Bonanza!

This is becoming a hobby of mine! If you know me well, you know I am a SUCKER for a good deal! Lately I have been on a roll! Lucky for you all reading, I am going to share my good deals with you. It all started with the FLUKE of a talk that was sent via email, that got me kicked into gear, and now I think I am getting the hang of it! Thanks to everyone that offered me advice, it has REALLY helped me out! So now I am going to take great pride in my efforts and share.
  • I just bought Cannon a pair of Adidas shoes for Christmas...$5.13 with tax!
  • 5 Tombstone pizza's...FREE with the mail in rebate!
  • 4 restaurant gift cards worth ten dollars each...$2.40!
  • 20 boxes of cereal, not even generic brand I am talking Lucky Charms status...$ .95 a box
  • 20 cake mixes....$.66 each
  • 10 96oz Apple juice's...$1.75 each, (the cheapest I have seen them is 2/$5 at Walmart & no we are not looking to make our own beer, Cannon drinks like one a week!
  • Cosmetics from a E.L.F.com...$1.00 each. (I haven't received them yet so I am not sure if that was a good buy and the shipping was the most expensive part)
I wish I could say it was my insane beauty that brought me such luck, however it wasn't! I have been paying close attention to the adds, taking advantage of many websites including; couponcravings.com (Thanks Sara) pinchingyourpennies.com (Thanks to Lindsey G. & Lindsey C.) and of course remembering coupons. Now I have cereal, cake mixes, baked beans & tuna in my food storage. Haha just kidding, I've done a little better than that, I'll post a pic. Thanks to Heather I have a far better understanding of how to start my food storage with the awesome website she suggested! How did we live before blogs?! Really though, thanks for all the suggestions it has eased my mind and I have finally started getting prepared. Who knew there could be such satisfaction in getting a bargain!

P.S. If I didn't really get a good deal don't tell me, I want to enjoy the moment! :)

6 comments:

Sara said...

Ok share the wealth- how did you get to food gift cards and the cereal? Your post also kicked my butt into gear and I was just organizing my coupons tonight! Gotta love saving money!

Ashley said...

Hi Ball family,
It's the Bucks from the ward (or I guess our old ward since we moved). Just wanted to say hello, and tell you that Cannon looked so stinking cute for Halloween! I need to take some advice from you and start saving some money when I shop!

Catey said...

love the e.l.f. stuff that I've tried! They have a few new products that I'm wanting to try, but haven't ordered yet.

Doesn't it feel great to get killer deals? :)

Clements Family said...

Great deals! I have used some of the ELF stuff...some is great...some not so much! I guess it is trial and error!

Reagan Family said...

Seriously you need to tell me how you do it. I have no clue where to start and we need to save money anyway we can. Help me!

Michelle and James said...

That is awesome!! Keep it up!! When you come for Thanksgiving we can swap stories and ideas. I'm so proud of you. I tried to post something on your post about wanting help but the internet was being weird so I don't think it posted.