Wednesday, November 28, 2012

#28

Today I am thankful for TODAY! Not because it was super awesome or exciting or unforgettable but because I realized that TODAY is right now, TODAY might be our last tomorrow, TODAY might not ever become tomorrow's yesterday! TODAY could be all we have! 

This morning, a teacher from my Junior High School was hit and killed by car on his way to work.  He jogged to school EVERY morning.  He only lived a few miles from the school and for the last 17 years he has jogged his way to work.  He was well known in the area and lived in the neighborhood where many of his students resided.  He was a PE teacher and a coach.  He was in excellent health and it is truly devastating to hear of his passing. I know it has been YEARS since I attended Junior High School, but somehow it just seems to hit home in a hard way when you know someone who has passed away, especially tragically. This is a huge loss for the community.  I am positive as he set out on his thousandth run to school this morning, he did not think it was going to be his last jog, but it was.  Today was his last TODAY!  So, en lite of the emotions I am feeling today, today I am simply thankful for TODAY!

0 comments: