Sunday, November 25, 2012

#25

I am so NOT a fight the crowds, wait in line, scope out the aisles for weeks in advance kind of girl.  I think I get a little anxiety and feel the walls closing in, my breathing become more difficult and a surge of annoyance at those around me when I am in a big crowd.  I am however a SUCKER for a good deal and I LOVE a good sale doubled up with a coupon or a rewards cash etc.  Trust me, ask any of my friends they will confirm this.  I would say I even get a bit of a rush out of it.  Who doesn't love a good deal?! So...for the last two years I have braved the crowds with my mom and sister in an attempt to get a "good deal" on the WORST shopping day EVER, BLACK FRIDAY! Mind you, I never rally have anything specific in mind, its mostly just a happens stance find and lets be honest for the INSANE people watching factor.  This year, we were in Idaho for the big day and a had a some company....
CRAZY..it runs in the family!
 I love my aunties, my mom and my sister and I am so thankful for them and the good times, good memories and good friends that we are.  They are the BEST!  But one thing I realized I was thankful for this particular shopping day was the fact that some of them were with me.  We had some killer finds, stayed out way to late on Thanksgiving night/Friday morning, took turns waiting in line for each other, kept one another company and made some more fabulous memories! It would have been totally lame if I was out by myself. So, today I am thankful for memories! I am thankful for the moments that we take to make memories and I am thankful for the people that help to create them.  I am thankful that we have a Father in Heaven who knew that sometimes memories are the only things that keep life moving, that help us to remember special times and people, that bring us a to tears with laughter, that bring peace to rough times and joy to our lives.
Today's gratitude is for the simply pleasures of a single memory!

0 comments: