Friday, November 30, 2012

#30 The Grand Finale!!!

Well, we have reached the last day of this gratitude journal.  While I started out on this writing endeavor in an effort to focus on the good things about turning 30 years old rather than the bad, in the end I think I wound up appreciating being 30 years old.  I don't know that I fully appreciate getting older, but  I have grown to take a step back and look at all the many, many blessings I have been able to encounter in my years.  I have been blessed beyond measure spiritually, emotionally, financially, materially, the list could go on.  I am surrounded by amazing people.  I live in an amazing time.  I have an amazing family and lets be honest, life is pretty dang good! I would say I am doing OK for myself and that if my next 30 years are anything in comparison the my last, I would say fared pretty well.

Today I am grateful that I took the time to notice the world around me and appreciate it.  Some days  I appreciated something huge, others it was a simple pleasure.  Whatever it was for the day I had at least one thing to be thankful for, but in reality I had an abounding plethora of things to be thankful for.  Today my heart is full of gratitude for this opportunity and for allowing myself to recognize all the good in my life whether it be people, places, things or an opportunity. I am truly thankful that I get to experience this thing called life and hopefully appreciate all that it entails.  So, as the month of  "30" comes to a close the time for gratitude is really just beginning!

0 comments: