Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Our Memorial weekend was GREAT! Brandon was able to come home from Washington State on Thursday afternoon. Friday we had a chill day at home with a quick trip to the lake in Day Break. Thanks to the rain our Saturday Seven Peaks plans were put on the back burner but luckily some of our friends knew of a sweet pool in Lehi. It was mostly indoors so it worked out great for the boys! Cannon LOVED the lazy river and the slides. I think I know what we will be doing this summer!


I wish you could see his face more on this picture. He is seriously so excited!

Cannon and his friend Dylan! They had a BLAST! Thanks for going with us Davis Fam!

Sunday we tried to have a pic-nic but once again the rain ruined our plans so we ended up inside for some good food and good company. Monday was finally nice enough to head outside. We made a trip to the cemetery to visit Paul and Grandpa Ball. Memorial Day has taken on a whole new meaning since I have married Brandon. It is so weird having someone seemingly so close to you gone. There is a real sense of peace that comes from a grave side visit. I wonder what Cannon will think as he gets older and we tell him that this is where Grandpa Ball is. This year he was much too busy with the windmills to care about such a thing.

Here is our annual graveside photo. I am not sure why we take a picture every year at Paul's grave, but we do! I think this is the only time of year we get a semi-family photo. The only people missing were Stephanie and Kasey Kump, they had to work. ( I would like to thank Brandon and Jackie for their "tooth grins")

We then headed to the cabin for a few hours where we had some awesome homemade ice cream (thanks Karen and Talmadge)! Cannon was finally able to enjoy this cabin this year because he could actually walk around. He also found a new passion, the swing! Jackie and her friend saw a Moose! I wish I would have seen it to take a pic, O'well.

All in all it was a good weekend. It was SOOOOO nice to have Brandon home for a bit and now here we are on Wednesday back to the grind of life! I hope you all had a great weekend!

7 comments:

Chalen said...

Funny that we had a beautiful rain free weekend here in Washington and Utah got the rain!

Bree said...

That water park looks fun. I am the same way with Joanthan before we moved we would visit his dads grave every memorial day. Before it was just a day out of school or work right. Even thought I never knew him it brings a different perspective to memorial day

MerrittBadges said...

What a fun day! you'll have to share your Lehi pool secret!

Clements Family said...

Oh we love the Legacy Center! I am glad you had fun with Brandon home! I love the family tradition at the gravesite. That is so sweet.

Mom said...

Who is next to Kevin?
signed-not really your mom

Andrus Family said...

The water park in Lehi looks awesome...you guys will have to take us there sometime! So we'd love to get together, but it looks like we might go to ID tomorrow for the weekend - can we plan for another time?

The Hulls said...

I love that last picture of Cannon! What a handsome boy!