Monday, May 11, 2009

I DID IT!

I did it! That's right I finally ran the
Race for the Cure!

I have been wanting to do this for awhile but have never had the motivation to do it. I decided this was the year! I have always wanted to be a runner, and while I know I will never be a track star or the winner of any big race, I set out to do this for me! I started running in January and couldn't even get to 1 mile before I was totally wasted! So I slowly began my "training" and I did it! I ran the WHOLE thing, with no stops, no breaks, no water, nothing. While I know it is only 3.2 miles which is nothing too fancy, I was pumped with my progress! Brandon and I have been taking Cannon out in the jogger which adds another 50lbs (by the time you add our 30lb child and the stroller) to our jog and we get so excited if we can finish our route in 45 minutes. I am happy to report that without the jogger I ran the whole race in 33 minutes! Brandon was not far behind with the jogger at 37 minutes! While my time is nothing to brag about, I was just so excited that I actually set out and achieved this goal! I think a 10k is on the horizon! No marathons for me, I like to keep it real!

At the finish line! Brandon's sister and step brother ran the race too. Funny thing is, they were like 15 minutes late to start. His brother came soaring pass me at mile 2, I did beat Jackie but barely. Those guys are FAST!
Before the big race! There were 18,000 people there so you can imagine it was a bit crowded! Thanks honey for being my biggest support and helping me reach my goal!

16 comments:

The Hulls said...

Wahoo!! Good job guys!

Clements Family said...

Oh that is awesome! Good job! I would love to be able to run that race! Keep up the hard work!

Jeff and Hollie said...

You go girl!!! That is a great time. So proud of you.

Martha said...

Awesome job! I want to run that some time. But, like you, there has been no motivation. This year, I did sleep in for the cure.

Congratulations! That is something to be very proud of.

Aaron said...

You guys are awesome! Now....on to the tri!

Andrus Family said...

Seriously Rache, I am impressed! I'm pretty sure I ouldn't do that even if I wanted to. Good work!

Reagan Family said...

Nice job! I think I have a hate hate relationship with running...I need to get my butt in gear. You rock and you look great! Hopefully I get to see you in June. Love and miss you!

Ransom Family said...

Good job Rachel and Brandon! That is so awesome! Way to set your goal and achieve it!

Sara said...

Nice work!!! You are awesome! I feel the same way, I have never been a fan of running... but there's just something about signing up, training, committing and then acomplishing your goal. You can totally do a 10K:) Way to go!

the Tonioli's said...

Congrats! That's totally awesome Rache. You're my hero. You're looking pretty sweet in those running clothes.

Unknown said...

Thats so awesome that you did that. what a fun goal.
And PS you look fantastic!! Seriously, looks like all that running is paying off! So when's the next race?

The Lind's said...

Way to go!! GREAT job! I always want to be a "runner" but I hate it! Maybe it's the staring at the wall on the treadmill that is so boring! Again good job guys! by the way you look great!!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Congrats! That is so awesome!

Mich and Nate said...

That is SO awesome!!! Good job, I am so proud of you!

Jill Knotwell said...

There is a 10k on Saturday in Orem if you want to do it with me! Good job on the run and keep it up!

Mike and Jill said...

Good job guys! Way to go Rache!! That is awesome!