Saturday, June 19, 2010

Meet "Brook-in"

Brooklyn Ball

Friday June 18, 2010 5:22am
8lbs 6oz
21.5 inches
Meet our sweet, sweet Brooklyn or "Brookin" as Cannon likes to call her.

I woke up about an hour after going to bed on Thursday night, noticed I was a little wet. I thought maybe my water broke (it didn't because it was later a very recognizable gush at the hospital), so I got up started to walk around and began having some pretty intense contractions. They were coming every 3min, so we packed up (literally, I hadn't packed my bag yet) dropped C off at grandmas and headed to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at about 1:30am. By the time we got checked in and hooked up to monitors the contractions were coming every 2minutes. I have to say, that is one thing I enjoyed NOT having with C! When the nurse checked me I was 80% effaced and already a 5! Which was super surprising since as of Wed at my doc appointment I was doing nothing. I had my epidural, we popped in a movie and almost as the movie was finished the nurse checked me and said it was go time! No more than three pushes later little miss Brooklyn was here at 5:22 am! So easy in comparison to my last experience.

Funny thing, we were so confident that I was going to get induced on Monday, that B left his computer at work (thus the late post) fully planning on working Friday, I had a list of things to do Friday in prep for baby B and instead she decided she was ready!

Luckily no blood transfusions, good iron and hemo counts, little bleeding and the best part is we probably get to go home today! I was sure we would spend 4 days here like we did with C, but yeah Brooklyn...you were easy on mom!


Here is what we know about Miss Brooklyn...
  • She loves to cuddle! Especially with mom.
  • She has TONS of dark hair and we are not sure where she got it since neither B or I have that much!
  • She likes to eat!
  • She likes to be rocked!
  • She likes to look at her dad. She just stares up at him and watches his every move.
  • She HATES her diaper changed!
  • WE LOVE THIS SWEET BABY and we are so glad she is here with us. Thanks for joining our family baby Brooklyn.


14 comments:

Robin and Ryan said...

Rachel,
She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats to your sweet family! I'm glad your doing well!

Christiansen's said...

Hooray! Congrats, that is so exciting. She is so beautiful. I am glad you guys are doing well.

The Selman's said...

Oh my!!! She is absolutely beautiful!!!! Congrats...

Tisha and Mark said...

what a sweetie :) can't wait to meet her and snuggle her :) You let me know when you are up for bow making or if you need any help with Can :)

Ashli said...

Oh rach she is beautiful! And wow look at that amazing head of hair! Congrats again and hope everything is going well so far! :)

Nick and Amera said...

Oh wow!! She is soooo beautiful. I dont just say that either, she is gorgeous! So glad it went well and easy for you! 2 babies is hard at first, but you will LOVE every second of it, i promise! Love that smirk C has, he is gonna love being a brother :)

Ashlee said...

Yay! Congrats! She is darling I love all her hair! I am glad to hear mommy and baby are doing so well! Brooklyn is such a cute name too!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Yay! She is beautiful! I love that head of hair. I'm so glad that things went smoother for you this time around.

Andrus Family said...

This is hilarious because I was literally about to text you and wish you luck tomorrow, but I thought I'd just look at your blog "just in case", and there she is! I'm so so so glad the process went smoothly for you guys and that your baby girl is healthy - she really is a doll and I'm lovin all that hair!! Please let me know if we can help at all!! Love you guys!!

Ransom Family said...

Cute pictures Rachel. She is beautiful! It sounds like she is working on wrapping dad around her little finger already. Congratulations!

Clements Family said...

Congrats! She is adorable!!! Love all the hair. I hope you are doing good!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I'm glad everything went well! We will have to get together this summer and see each others babies. I'm coming in town July 15 and staying for a month.

laura said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby girl, and I love the hair! Glad everything went well and seemingly easy!

Amy said...

She is so sweet! I am so glad she took it easy on you. Let me know if you need anything.