Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Forgiveness...

(I apologize from the start for the less than thrilled Brandon pic, but Cannon is the focus here anyway! :))

I am always AMAZED at just how forgiving children are! Poor Cannon has had to deal with several bad moods around our house. Brandon has been working like a DOG! He hasn't made it before 11PM for three weeks now (having left the house at 7AM), and has had to work the last few Saturdays (and it's not even busy season anymore)! Which leaves him with ONE day off, and when you are a Mormon that hardly counts! Sundays tend to be full of family, church and exhaustion! Add to that the fact that I am working more for the next 6 weeks and our poor little boy is stuck with two ornery parents!

So do to the fact that I am once again doing this parenting thing solo, working more and the stress of Brandon's work, I find myself easily losing my patience with Cannon far too often! Whether he is trying to run his own bath water, clean out the dishwasher (usually dirty dishes), fold the laundry (unfold the already folded laundry), help with the cleaning or yard work, make dinner, honestly it doesn't matter, he is always right there trying to help and I am always barking at him telling him "NO! GET OUT OF THAT! DON'T! LEAVE IT ALONE!" and patting his bottom, or his hands! Is it any wonder those have become some of his favorite or at least most used words!

I honestly just need to take two steps back and look at the sweet innocence of this child and thank my Heavenly Father for such a PRECIOUS, SWEET little boy! However, I can bark at Cannon all day long and at the end of the day he still throws his arms around me, plants a wet kiss on my lips and says "I WUV WU." After a long day at the babysitters, he greets me with a the sweetest "HEWO" you have ever heard and instantly leaps up in my arms, knowingly or unknowingly that we are headed home for a couple of rough hours before bed I am not sure, but it doesn't matter because once we settle in to read Scriptures and say Prayers all of the days sins are forgiven in this little boys eyes. He only cares that his mom is there holding him and loving him. If only adults could be so forgiving think of how different the world would be.

I guess my reason for this post was so that I could reflect on what a blessing it is to be a mother, not a burden which I sometimes treat it as. I am so lucky to be Cannon's mom and I am even luckier that he is so quick to forgive me of so many wrongs! I so LOVE my little Can-man and I can not even imagine life without this little man. What a sweet angel he is! I guess it is my turn to learn how to forgive and work on being the best mom I can be for this precious gift. After all he is only mine for a little while. One day I will be sending him on a mission or entrusting him in the arms of a loving wife and I will only be able to long for the days when he was always "helping."

13 comments:

The Hulls said...

Isn't that the truth! Great post Rachel!

Bree said...

That is such a sweet post, I so feel you. I have pretty much ran this ship solo all but the first two months before we moved here and a few breaks here and there. I can't tell you how many times I have cried to Jonathan about what a bad mom I am and why Heavely Father would bless me with another one when Im not treating the first one the way I should. Ever sense I got pregnant all I do is yell at her, it has gotten a ton better now that I am not barfing all day every day but I still have my days when all she gets is yelled at. Jonathan is always saying she doesn't care, she loves you so much and won't ever remember. But you don't treat someone bad just because they wont remember right!? Sad, it's so true they are so quick to forgive and love.

Andrus Family said...

Rache, you are gonna make me cry, because that is exactly how I currently feel...exactly!! Thanks for the good reminder of how lucky we are to be moms.

PS - do you need help with anything for Saturday? I am more than willing to bring something, just let me know!

Ben Katie & Peyton said...

Rachel I love this post isn't it so true that they forgive so easy.I still don't know how you do it I get stressed out and my husband is home by six every night. Cannon is a lucky kid to have you for a mom.
P.S I love brandon's face in the picture

Aaron said...

You said it sister.

Dr. Lordeslupe said...

I cant believe they forgot Brandons Ranch!!!!!
Cannon stories keep me going everyday at work. I am glad that he tests your patience or we would have a boring life. At least his apple juice wasnt a beer. Are you LDS?????

kdance said...

Oh, man! Do we have the same life right now or what? Both with the MIA husbands and the active little boys. I totally know how you feel. I feel so frustrated with Evan these days, but have to sit back and just remember what a sweetie he is.

Dibble's said...

Wht a cute post! He's so lucky to have such a cute, hard working mom!

PS I had to replace my phone and lost your number! Can you text me? I'll totally be in charge of visitin teaching this month...for once! :)

Heather said...

Thanks so much for that post. I have been the same way for the past couple of weeks. Though, I don't have a reason to be like this. After reading this I am going to try much harder tomorrow to be more patient and forgiving.

Clements Family said...

That is such a good post. I know what you mean about being patient. Sometimes I think as mom's we are the ones that need to be in time out! Luckily our kids love us no matter what...and kisses and hugs make everything all better.

Amy said...

It's nice to know other Moms go through this too. If you need a break send him our way. After hours of tea parties it would be fun to have someone to chase after.

Warner Fam said...

True That!! That is exactly how I have been feeling lately!!

Sara said...

What a sweet, sweet post! I think all moms can relate to you on this one- and it is a good reminder for us all. Thanks, and keep up the good work- he is a lucky guy to have you for his mommy!