Wednesday, November 11, 2009

ELLEN!

Since I have been "enjoying" the life of a stay at home mom I have found that two things are happening!

1) I find myself cleaning ALL day EVERY day and still unable to keep up with Hurricane Cannon

2) Wasting WAY TOO much time watching senseless, needless hours of television.

However, there is one show that has become a bit of a guilty pleasure and I don't really feel bad about neglecting all my other duties when it is on. I am so weird to even be writing this I know, but in a day when so many need so much I can't help but feel some level of gratitude to this person and her show. It is ELLEN. I know what you are thinking, "really, why are you even watching that show?" Well let me tell you! I didn't set out to watch it, in fact I was almost against it for reasons unknown to me, it was just on after one of those ridiculous soap operas and ever since then I have been hooked! This show gives away more "things" than I have ever seen! I want to go to a taping just because I know I wouldn't leave empty handed! Seriously! Today she gave away like her 100th car to this poor mom who's car would smoke every time she turned it on. Yesterday she gave away a trip just because some people played a game, and they didn't even win. Last week she had a "cash gun" and shot hundreds of dollars out of it multiple times during the show. She regularly gives away play stations, wii's, blue ray players, appliances, gift cards, cosmetics, really you name it she is giving it. Her show is fun, light and entertaining. She always has dancers on, kid inventions, the FUNNIEST YouTube videos you have ever seen and so much more. So if you haven't checked out her show lately, give it a shot! I can almost promise you it will get a grin and a laugh out of anyone who watches it.

So, why do I write this blog??? Well I would like to think that if I had loads of money, I would do something similar with it. Just to see the joy that she brings to people by a simple gift is so awesome. I am not sure if I would be as giving but I would like to learn by example and do some good. I often wonder what I would be willing to sacrifice whether it be for my religion, my country, my family or anything else for that matter and sometimes my selfishness shines through as I draw a blank. If you hate that show, I am sorry you wasted your time reading this, but none the less I think there is a little something good that can come out of giving, after all ti's the season of thanks and giving! So to anyone who is willing to give countless amounts to charities or just the public need whether it be through time, money, service...THANK YOU!

6 comments:

Reagan Family said...

We love Ellen "bajeris" (logan's words) at our house. It is a must for us :) Plus she is hilarious and such a good person. I couldn't agree more with your post. And for the record no matter how much time I spend cleaning I can't ever seem to be caught up.

Clements Family said...

Oh i LOVE ellen! that show is so funny, and she seems like honestly such a good person.
PS...once you have more kids, cleaning all day is pointless:) it only stays clean for no more then a minute (that is unless your kids aren't home, then it stays clean until the second they walk in the door!)

Mike and Jill said...

I LOVE Ellen! I want to go to a taping soooo bad! She is so funny! I laugh out loud every time I watch it. Did you see the new game she plays where the people are standing on a platform and Ellen asks them questions and if they get the question wrong the platform opens up and they fall through to the ground? Sooo funny!!

The Balls said...

Yes and I LAUGHED SO HARD! Seriously I need that show for my daily dose of laughter!

Andrus Family said...

I hear ya on this one! I have it DVR'd so that when I'm up at 4 am I can watch her.

Britney said...

Agreed! Ellen is the best! I love watching her - she always cracks me up.