Tuesday, December 1, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things!

As we start out the month of December and begin the long awaited countdown to Christmas I thought I would start by remembering just why this month is so important. Here is my Christmas countdown of 25 things I LOVE about this time of year!

1. Christmas Lights
2. Temple Square
3. Shopping
4. Parties
5. Hot Chocolate
6. Decorating
7. The Smell of Christmas Trees
8. Presents
9. Service
10. The Birth of our Savior
11. Food
12. Family Time
13. An Occasional Snow Storm
14. Christmas Movies (The Grinch, Christmas Vacation, Elf, A Christmas Story)
15. Traditions (PJ's on Christmas Eve)
16. Christmas Hymns
17. Egg Nog
18. Cannon's Excitement about EVERYTHING!
19. Blessings! Realizing just how fortunate I am, and how truly blessed my family and I are.
20. The Christmas Story (How humbling it is!)
21. Snow men
22. Sledding
23. Sweaters (whoever invented those was a genius)
24. The Anticipation on Christmas Eve
25. My Testimony and the strength it draws each year at this time. Confirming to me that the Gospel is true and that the true meaning of Christmas is to reflect on our Savior and the wonderful blessing he is to us all!

HAPPY DECEMBER everyone and Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Mich and Nate said...

Thanks for sharing that Rach..It helps all of us remember why we love this season too! How are you feeling??

the Tonioli's said...

I LOVE this post. You will always be someone that I adore and admire. Love ya!

Shawn and Steph said...

Isn't this season the best. Yay for egg nog and Christmas lights!

Clements Family said...

Oh how I love Christmas time...I love the whole feel. And I love the movies...I was telling Brooks (my husband) the other day how much I love White Christmas-he had never heard of it. WHAT??? How do you not know what White Christmas is??

Dr. Lordeslupe said...

I bet your christmas bonus used to be one of those things...hahaha...Steve is giving ours early... I just love him!!!! Well...today anyway!!!