Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sneak Peak

While I am not all the way finished I thought I would offer a glimpse into
baby B's retreat..
.


A run down of the pics...

I made the diaper stacker. By far the most difficult thing I have ever made and I will NOT be making another one. But, I think it adds a nice to touch to the room. It was one of those things that i thought would be completely worthless with C and ended up LOVING it. So I felt as though I had no choice but to enjoy the same luxury that I did the first time around. Plus Cannon already loves putting diapers in it.

I don't know if it is because I am having a girl or what, but I have felt quite crafty this time around. I made the window valance no thanks to Cannon, who butchered it and I had to do some major overhaul, but I think it turned out cute and ties the room together. (BTW I know it looks hot pink in the picture, it is actually red and cream dots, as is the hot pink patch on the quilt.)

I also made the pillows with some scraps of fabric to sit in the rocking chair. The afghan hanging on the back was a present from Brandon when he got home from his mish...long before I had the ring on my finger...see it was him who was truly in love despite the story he tells everyone. :) When I was a little girl my dad made me a rocking chair to match my moms. I think it will be the prefect touch once I have the computer out of her room.

My mother-in-law made her quilt and I just LOVE it! I knew when I saw it complete it was PERFECT! I made the bed skirt. It looks so cute because it matches the ruffle on her quilt. Probably one of my favorite things!

You can probably guess where the Y night light came from and no it wasn't her dad. It was actually Cannon. He had it in his room and I had a plain one in her room, but being the big brother he is he needed to make sure she had her BYU pride instilled early! I love that he put it in there. It is just so cute to me and makes Brandon so proud. I have tried to switch it back and Cannon is sure that the baby needs it in her room, followed with a "GO BYU!" Love that boy!

I modge podged (every crafter's best friend) the B, painted the shelf, dolled up some flowers and there you have it. All it needs is a couple pics of our sweet baby girl to fill up those frames!

Finally, I found this magnet board in a boutique in Idaho. Obviously I couldn't pass it up because it is the same material as the rest of her room. It looks perfect!

So there it is, a sneak peak into our baby girls room. I know some of you have been waiting forever and while it's not totally done it is on its way. The crib bumper is still in the process, the furniture needs to be moved around a bit and few other minor details need to take place but I am extremely happy with how it is turning out and I can't wait to have a sweet baby girl to fill that space.

On a side note it wouldn't be fair of me not to credit my mom for some serious sewing patience! I used to be a TERRIBLE seamstress and my mom would dread helping me. However, over the years with some practice and lots of mistakes I have learned a very valuable skill. So THANKS mom for teaching me how to sew despite me lacking any natural ability to do so! I think she is is going to LOVE her room. Now lets just pray she really is a she despite Cannon calling her a "brother."

11 comments:

Reagan Family said...

I love it!! You did such a great job, seriously. It is darling. For the sake of all that work I hope she is a she as well. :)

Harrison Family said...

You are so talented! It looks fabulous!

Jeff and Brandi said...

DARLING! I love it all!

Heather said...

so cute!

Sara said...

Oh I LOVE it! ...and secretly covet having a nursery. Oh how I long to one day have a nursery for one of my babies! You are so cute and crafty!

Nick and Amera said...

What! I love it!! so awesome and you are such a good little seamstress! What the heck! sewing is so fun but so hard for me! You rock at it! I love it, darling and being creative helps pass the time a little faster!

Robin and Ryan said...

Its all beautiful, your little girl is very lucky to have such a talented mommy! She will learn lots from you! I hope your feeling well!

Unknown said...

So freakin cute, I love it. I can't believe you made it all. My favorite are the flowers on the shelf. Katie

Amy said...

Wow you are quite the crafter. We should go to the quilt show together next year. I hope you are feeling good. Let me know if you need any help, I know these last few weeks are a killer.

kdance said...

Why do you have to go and make us non-crafty moms look bad!!! DAR-LING!!!! I miss ya, Rache! I can't wait to see this girl. I hope I get me a girl next time :) Did you decide on a jogger stroller?

Unknown said...

A very happy family.There are many kinds of Discount Fashion Shoesin our online store, all of them are made of excellent materials, and have Classic style.In addition we have Victorias Secret pinkand NFL jerseys.