Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th!

I LOVE the 4th of July! I love that is full blown summer time! I love the parades! I love the fireworks! I love that it was one of mine and Brandon's first dates! I love the BBQ's and I love what it stands for. It is my favorite holiday! Unfortunately it is not Cannon's and I just don't think that is fair!

Cannon has always hated this holiday! Since his first fourth of July there have been tears!

July 4, 2008

July 4, 2009
A little better, still very concerned and HAD to be held by me or B!


This year was no different!
(wish I would have gotten a pic of Cannon's terror this year but no luck)

We headed off to Riverton park to scout a seat and wait for the big event. After nearly 3 hours of waiting and meandering over to the carnival and back, several times, it was nearly go time. I think they were setting off some testers, the place was packed and Cannon begins to panic!!! His fingers go in his ears, eyes shut as he burrows his head behind grandma "hiding," the tears begin and the phrase "I wanna go home" starts to whimper from his sweet little lips. Not even some cuddling from grandma made him want to stay. So, only because grandma and dad felt bad, we packed up camp and headed home! Cannon jabbered the whole way home about how fireworks are scary and we don't have fireworks at home. I think he was having an adrenaline rush from the fear! Non-the less he was absolutely terrified! So like ever other year since we have had kids, we missed the fireworks and once again the fact that I am a full blown parent strikes me as I sacrifice one of my FAVORITE things! As we were driving out of the parking lot Cannon says, "we can do it another day OK guys." Umm sorry dude, you pretty much get to do it once a year! Oh, the things we do for our kids!

Let's just we are 0 for 3 and doubt we will even be attempting the beautiful tradition of fireworks next year! So to all my fellow 4th of July lovers out there! Happy 4th!

Sadly, this is the BEST pic I got of the two of them. I think C was already in a panic, hence no smile! Oh well, they are pretty cute anyway and worth the sacrifice of missing fireworks! :)

Funny thing is we are going to the Bee's game tomorrow night with my dad, and he is so excited for the little boys to get to see the fireworks! Sorry pop, don't think we will be sticking around!

2 comments:

Dr. Lordeslupe said...

I think its time to get a sitter for the Can man... I know how much you love them and they make you so happy!!! Tyler hated them too and now he is a pyro so I hope Cannon changes into Tyler...well not completely..that would be scary for you. Baby Brooklyn is so adorable and I love her hair!!! good Job Rach!!!

kdance said...

Poor Cannon! Who wouldn't be afraid of huge, booming fireballs? At least he tried. I love Brooklyn, and I want to meet her ASAP!!!