Monday, May 4, 2009

The begining of something BEAUTIFUL!

As a mother there are few things that surprise me anymore! You NEVER know what you are going to get from your little tyke! Friday was no exception. This is what I found Cannon doing Friday afternoon.

Notice the shorts are off and the toilet lid is up!
(My how I have trained this kid! :) He be a little obsessive compulsive like his mother!)

Now look at this serious effort of trying to reach into up to the toilet to go "potty."
(The toilet lid fell down, but that did not restrain his efforts!)

I was laughing so hard! I ran to grab my camera before he knew I was watching this new found obsession. We have slowly been trying to teach Cannon to go "potty" like dad. I think this deserves an A for effort. I think it may be time to pull out the training toilet or purchase a foot stool so the poor kid can actually reach!

The best part was when he saw me watching him I asked if wanted to try to go "potty" on the big boy toilet, he said yes so we took off the diaper and I lifted him a little higher in hopes of at least an attempt to hit the toilet. We were unsuccessful, no pee! I then asked if he wanted to try to poop. He again said yes, so he sat on the toilet and grunted! Ha ha! LOVE IT! Again nothing, but this could be the beginning of something beautiful! I can't wait to be rid of diapers. Good job Cannon! We love you and are so proud of your effort to be a big boy! Most of all thank you for ALWAYS entertaining us!

5 comments:

Bree said...

Thats great we are trying to get Addi into it but she could care less... Good for you hopefully it will be an easy process.

Clements Family said...

That is so great!!! Good luck!

Dibble's said...

That's one ofthe cutest things Ive ever heard! HOpefully it's a sign that potty traning will be soon and EASY!

Harrison Family said...

That is so great! He is starting so early! Good luck!

The Lind's said...

That is great!! What a big boy! Cannon is so cute! Good luck with that whole process!