Thursday, September 1, 2011

The next great race!

Every time I finish a race I swear to myself I will never do another one again. That is LIE! That is a heat of the moment, rushing to conclusions, overwhelmed by the intensity LIE! They are kind of like a drug-at least I am guessing. This last one was no different. Especially when I had to get up at 4am to get there on time. However, I completed yet another race and 5 days later I find myself looking for the next thing to "train" for.

This race was super fun, super hot, close to home in familiar territory and did I mention HOT?! It was called the Rivalry Relay. It started at The University of Utah and ended at BYU. That is a grand total of 70miles! This time the ladies didn't go at it alone. A few couples in our neighborhood decided (well probably the wives decided) that it would be fun to compete against our husbands, since it was the Rivalry Relay and all.

Me and the Balltrain at the starting line at the wee early hour of 5am!

Joe and Aprille
Bryce and Kellee
Alisa and Kurt
Chantel and Kevin
Todd
(this is Kevin's business partner we were short one team mate)
Jill
(Her hubby wasn't available for the race.)

"The Wife Slayers." Let me clarify their name here. All the men grew theses nasty mustaches and they for sure, without a doubt thought they would win. Thus the name because of the win and because really none of us like facial hair, hence Wife Slayers.


We of course had a cute name,
"Does this skirt make my butt look fast?"
We all had super cute tule skirts and some of the ladies even had running skirts.


There was a lot of trash talking over the last few months, but I think that only heated up the competition. The girls are much more experienced runners due to the fact that we run 3 times a week and we have competed in a relay already. We were confident, well hopeful, that we would dominate the men. Plus we had a 20 minute head start and 3 of our fastest runners were starting us off. We maintained a close distance to the men but in the end the "Gazelles" took home the trophy. They beat us by nearly an hour and half. Oh well, it was fun running with them and deep down we all knew we would end up in their dust. We did take home one thing though, BEST team name! Oh yeah!!!

Here is Chantel getting ready to work it up Suncrest! She ran all 3 miles of that nasty mountain!
Look at the furthest mountain on the screen, that is where we started and this was only the half way point.

When you pass another runner it is called a "kill." Here I am making a kill! :)
I wasn't so fortunate on my last leg. I had to climb a 4 mile mountain that I was not prepared for! I should have trained a little harder for that part.

At the end of race the guy making the video said "what was your favorite part?" I readily said, "this, the end!" That still holds true. There is nothing like the Finish line!

So here I am having let my body recuperate a little, sitting in the comfort of my air conditioned house, hardly expanding any effort thinking about the next great race. Oh what will it be?! Till then, thanks to all my neighborhood peeps for a fun time!

1 comments:

Britney said...

You guys are awesome!! Wife slayers is a pretty sweet name, but not nearly as sweet as those mustaches! Those things are NICE! Did you get Brandon some wax so he can twist the ends up? I triple loved your name though...and I must say, yes, the skirts made your butts look fast. Way to go on the kill! Did you trash talk him a little? Okay, so your next race should be the Halloween half in Provo on Oct.29th. I'm coming up there to run it and it would be lots of fun to do it with you! Think about it...