Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Boating Debut

I am happy to announce that the Ball fam, minus Balltrain, officially made their boating debut this season. The kind and gracious Lucas family (Brandon's aunt) invited us out for a day on the lake. Call it a farewell to Jack Attack, now Sister Ball if you'd like. Either way we got out! I absolutely LOVE boating so when we got the invite I was determined to go. Fortunately grandma Karen and Jackie went too so we had one adult per child. Otherwise it may have been difficult for the one man band.
Here's Jackie walking to the docks with quite possibly the cutest duo of nieces and one handsome nephew.  Such a cute picture.

We went to Willard Bay and enjoyed a gorgeous afternoon with our sweet Jackie before she left on the Mish.  Her last boating trip for the next 18 months. 
Brooky chilling in the bathroom! She is so funny, she would climb in there and lay down on the towels and just relax.  This was non-usable bathroom in case you were wondering. 
Getting some sun out on the tube. 
Perhaps my favorite moment of the boating outing was when I had Kara and Brooklyn out on the tube, Karen was FREAKING out! She kept asking if I knew the appropriate gestures to stop and if I was ok.  Having grown up on a boat I assured her I was pretty familiar with things.  We were barely idling let alone going on a "ride."  She is so funny.  At one point she even said "What if one of them falls off into the lake." Brad's classic response "well, they do have LIFE jackets on." So funny! The girls loved it but needless to say it wasn't long before our "ride" was over. 
A classic Cannon scathe! This boy has some serious stink eye on occassion! I am pretty sure he was mad at me because I was forcing him to ride the tube.  What a kid.  

It was seriously the perfect day to be out on the lake and we had some great company! Thanks for the invite Lucas family and thanks for the help grandma Karen and Sister Ball! 


0 comments: