Monday, September 24, 2012

School Days

The time has come for the Ball family to begin those love/hate school days! I actually don't mind having my kids around so I wasn't really looking forward to starting this chapter of life.  I like being able to let them lounge around, go do whatever we want whenever and quite honestly Cannon is my little buddy and I like hanging out with him.  After all we are Best Friends!  But alas the time has come! 

 To begin this adventure we had a special back to school spaghetti dinner followed by a trip out for ice cream and finally a Fathers Blessing. ( Truth be told, I think I probably needed one more than Cannon.  I was seriously nervous about this and worried about my little buddy.)  He was super excited to start school that was NOT preschool! 

On the first morning of school Cannon got a special visit from the "School Fairy."  She left an awesome package with a bunch of survival tools...

Stickers....to remind him we will always stick together!
Smarties....to always remember how SMART he is and how much he is going to learn this year.
Life Savers...to remember I will always be there to help him no matter what happens and to never be afraid to come to me.
Erasers...because we all make mistakes and it's ok, that's how we learn.
Hugs and Kisses....we all need some hugs and kisses once in awhile. 
Starbursts...to remind him to shine his brightest and do his best



Off to his first day of Kindergarten at the "BIG" school!

Of course I had to take a million pictures! 
Both Brandon and Cannon put on a good front and humored me! 

I spent all this time worrying over nothing because his "posse" quickly came to his aid!  We go to year round school (boo!) and some of Cannon's friends had already started a few weeks before him so they were old pro's by the time we started.  I almost cried seeing all his friends come up to him.  It made his day and any fears he had quickly dispersed when he saw them.  We have such a fun neighborhood with a bunch of boys all the same age.  It's something I haven't appreciated until just recently.  I was so thankful Cannon had a "posse" as I was driving away.  
Seriously though, I don't remember having a group of friends like this until perhaps, Jr. High School!

Here is Miss Sadie! She and Cannon were in the same preschool class and she just recently moved back into our neighborhood.  He may or may not have a little crush on her.  Hey, she's cute wouldn't you?!
Finally...here I am coaxing him for one more picture...he is not happy but quickly responds with....
"Okay mom, just one more." That one more turned out to be perhaps the BEST one!
So far so good! He LOVES school, likes his teacher, comes home happy every day and is getting smarter by the second! 
So, ready or not School Days are here to stay!
 Happy School Everyone!

0 comments: