Thursday, February 7, 2013

Shut the door!

Brooky is the kind of girl who needs her sleep.  She may fight it to to the bitter end but ultimately once her head hits the pillow she concedes and realizes that yes indeed she is in need of a nap!  Likewise, this girl wakes up on her own time.  Often times I can hear her rustling about in her room awaking from her slumber.  Recently  I went in to check on her after hearing her rustles, to see if she was ready to get up.  She turns, looks at me and serious as day says "SHUT DA DOOR!" I couldn't help but laugh.  I asked her if she wanted me to shut the door? She said "Yes mom, shut da door!" So I left her to herself and shut the door.  This is now a common phrase at our house, rather a warning, that if Brooklyn says "shut da door" you better shut the door and let her continue on her merry wake up path, otherwise...consider yourself warned!

**And I am so FRUSTRATED! I have some of the most darling pictures to go along with these stories but they are on my phone and I can't get them to sync to my computer, or email.  Ugh!** 

0 comments: