Friday, March 6, 2009

Weekend Project!

I love weekend projects! Somehow Brandon loves his weekends on the couch with a good ball game or maybe an afternoon out on the Golf Course, which leaves me to tend to my own projects! However this last weekend he helped me complete this beauty!


For some reason I got an itch to put up some bead board in my kitchen and finish painting that wall. So one night while Brandon was working late I called Jeffery Don (my dad) and we took a trip to Home Depot. We came home with wood for my latest project and within a week it was done. I was really excited, and it adds a whole new feel to my house! I love it! I was a little worried about painting it black but I think it turned out great! Thanks to Brandon who seriously did NOT want to help me with this project but he did without a single complaint! What a terrific husband you are! Needless to say there will be no projects this weekend!

Thanks again Dad for all your handyman skills! I love you and would be project-less without you!

11 comments:

the Tonioli's said...

Rache!! I absolutely love it!! It looks so good. Do you ever find yourself just staring at your new cute wall? By the way, congrats on the vacuum, it's a beaut.

Harrison Family said...

It looks so good! I LOVE the black!

Sara said...

That looks sooooo cute! I love bead board! I am coming to you for advice when we finally have a house... so plan on it about ten year from now! O hand I am so coveting your Dyson right now! Seriously?! Go Brandon.

Clements Family said...

That looks great! I love it! I wish I could talk Brooks into doing something fun like that!

Jenny and Kasey said...

I love it!!! It turned out so good. I agree one day when I have a house I am going to need some serious help!! :)

The Lind's said...

LOVE IT!! Great job! and congrats on your lovely vacuume! I am a bit jealous, I must say! Brandon sure did good this month, with the projects and vacuume! He deserves the weekend off in front of a good game! :)

3 Men & a Lady said...

So, so cute! I love it and I'm so glad you painted it black. There is something extremely fulfilling about fun projects like that. Oh, and I have to say I am jealous of your Dyson!

Andrus Family said...

Rache that looks awesome - I want to come see it in person! Myabe next time I try to take Millie for a walk (and before she freaks out on me) we'll head your way!

Bree said...

Looks great, LOVE IT!

Cami said...

You did such a great job! You are so good at decorating - I need help!

Michelle and James said...

That is awesome. I don't have the motivation to do those kinds of things around our house. Maybe when summer comes.