Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Shot through the HEART!"

Brandon has pulled off some pretty amazing things in our married years. However this may be perhaps one of his greatest! This Christmas he played the "we are so poor, we don't have any money, we aren't doing anything for Christmas this year, we need to keep it simple" card. Which sadly for him, I did. He didn't even get his one and only desire, a something or other type of basketball. However, what did I receive to my great delight?!

That's right my friends BON JOVI tickets. While this may be on the list of few, I for one was ecstatic! I love me some Johnny! I mean really what's not to love? So after 3 LONG, cold months in the drawer, I finally got to whip these babies out and warm up to the sweet sounds of Mr. John Francis Bongiovi, Jr.

Brandon came home early, we were out the door at 4, thanks to my fabulous sister who babysat for us, not really her favorite thing to do! First stop PF Changs for some yummy dinner! After dinner and a fabulous chocolate cake shot we were off to see this beauty!

and the rest of these guys...

non of them are too shabby, for rockers anyway.

What you can't read on this sign is the part that says "and Rachel Ball!"

He was fantastic! He had more energy than I have EVER seen! Unlike the review in the SL Trib, he put on a fabulous show. I may be a bit biased because I truly love him. The BEST concert I have been to! There were some rockin' cougars there, though I don't know that can be called cougars considering John himself is nearly 50.

They were one of my first CD's! I remember rocking out to him with my brother with the stereo full blast when my mom was at work. I have nearly every album and somehow it has taken me 27 yrs to get to a concert! I just have an old soul and love the '80's! When I was 19 I got backstage passes to DEF LEPPARD and 7th row on the floor seats! Up til now my favorite concert experience. But when it comes right down to it my heart lies with
Bon Jovi.

We had upper bowl tickets but trust me when started singing, pointing and flashing those pearly whites, it didn't matter where you were.

Yes he is pointing at me! :)

THANK YOU Brandon Ball for one fabulous date!!!
The many faces of Brandon Ball, it is truly a challenge for him to make a regular picture pose!

YOU ARE THE BEST and of course the most "AWESOME"! LOVE YOU!

7 comments:

The Balls said...

It wasn't just "some type or other basketball" it was a Spalding TF-1000 Basketball very specific. Good show and I still have "Bad Medicine" in my head two days later. Love you! -Brandon

The Balls said...

Haha! I know, but my point was you were thoughtful and payed attention to what I wanted and I wasn't, therefor you WIN!

Ransom Family said...

Sweet, I am jealous! What a good hubby you have.

Mich and Nate said...

How fun! I love all the pics, I am glad you guys got to go to the concert!

Unknown said...

I just dont know why Brandon wanted to go?? I was destined to enjoy this with you Rach...Ever since our friendship budded 8 years ago, Jon Bon was the glue that kept us sane. Glad you had a good time. MISS YOU!!

Unknown said...

And that is from LORI HAND,,,, NOT SPURRIER!!!!

Ashlee said...

How cute of Brandon and how fun! I'm craving PF Changs now.