Thursday, May 17, 2012

The inevitable!

It's inevitable right? Every child will at some point make their grand debut into the wonderful world of the Emergency Room! Fear not, Brooklyn can check that of her list of things to do. I am actually surprised we haven't been there sooner with her. This girl is WILD! She is car more curious than her brother ever was or has been. She is a firecracker with a mission, a mind and will of her own. 

Here's the rundown. A couple weeks a go the back sliding glass door shattered after a rock hit while Brandon was trimming the lawn. 


Fast forward a couple weeks and the kiddos want to play outside, this was Tuesday morning. I noticed there was still some glass on the back patio and wanting to avoid an accident thought I should clean it up. So I told the kiddos (Cannon, Brandon's niece Kara and Brooky) to hold tight while I cleaned up the glass. Next thing I know I am standing there putting glass in the garbage when I see Brooky fall from the top stair, about 3-4ft high, only to land on the concrete head first! PANIC mode set in!!! I was freaking out! 

Suddenly I am thinking why didn't we clean up this leftover glass sooner? 

Why have we never replaced this stupid railing? 

Why didn't my reflexes work fast enough to catch her? 

A million questions, no answers! Poor Brooky was understandably hysterical! I called my mom, she quickly came to the rescue. Then I called the pediatrician! Her poor little face was so swollen, I felt terrible! Her ped tells me to take her to the ER to evaluate for CT scan. Ughh...yes the tears are swelling at this point and I am so upset. Luckily she never lost consciousness, she cried immediately and the ER is just down the road. I will tell you one thing, if you need an ER visit 10am is the the time to go! We got right in, no wait! It was glorious! Brooky was champ as they took her vitals. I remember going with Cannon to PC and he was a nightmare so I was thankful she was an angel for the nurse and the doctor!
Waiting for the Doc with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

They brought her a baby and a coloring book to play with.  She was in heaven!

Chomping on her ice! She loves ice!!!

Hi Daddy! She really was saying "Hi Daddy" in this pic. 
They kept us there for a couple of hours for observations but she checked ok and no CT scan was needed!   I was so relieved!!!

Later that day...naked! Yep this is how I found her after her nap.  No shirt, no pants, no diaper! I guess she was feeling better.
The next day.  Pretty bruised up but otherwise ok.
Moving on to Wednesday...9pm a bat of vomit decided to make it's debut into the Ball house.  She was throwing up pretty consistently for a few hours then she seemed in the clear.  Thursday noon, the throw up returns and it was back to the doc! The ER said if she started to throw up call her ped! I called they want to see her ASAP! We head to the doc for an emergency follow up, they checked her out and they sent us on our way.  The doc thinks it was just a tummy bug because she had diarrhea too, but also thinks she suffered a minor concussion. NICE! So, we will deal with the stomach flu for a few days with a keen eye out for other symptoms! 

Oh heavens....Brooky Cookie you are one tough, WILD girl! 

1 comments:

kdance said...

Oh, this makes me so sad! Poor Brooky!!! So relieved that she is okay, though. I'll be praying that she continues to do well with no scary symptoms! I SO feel for you. I can't imagine watching one of my little guys take a fall like that. Poor Brooklyn AND poor Rache!