Thursday, May 17, 2012

RRR Moab

Every year since I have discovered running I find myself in one of those "Why am I doing this" situations. Why would this year be any different?! It wasn't, thus there was a return to Moab! There is something about this race that is invigorating! Maybe it is the 4hr drive to the land of the red rocks with a bunch of chatty girls. Maybe it's the hilarious over-nighter. Maybe it's the team (people) watching, the competition (kills) or the incredible feeling you have when you turn around to see how far you have come. Perhaps it is the months of prep that are finally coming to an end. Or maybe at the end of the day it is being able to look back at the pictures, remember how much FUN you had and being able to say "yeah, I did that." I climbed those mountains, I contributed to those 70miles, I accomplished something hard! I don't know what it is, but it keeps me coming back. Who wouldn't want to with a bunch of lovelies such as these...
Enjoying our YUMMY pre-race dinner at Moab Brewery! Delish!

Me and the Jack Attack! She was on another team with Brandon's cousins. It was fun to see her and some of the Ball Fam.

The crew before the race! Wishing we could ride in that Razor instead of running.
Good times, Moab style!

Seriously, look at some of that scenery! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Ahh, the blessed finish line! Go Team "Does this Skirt Make my Butt Look FAST?" 

I had so much fun with these ladies! They all rocked it and we finished the 70 miles in less than 12hrs! We beat last years time! My goal is to someday cut that down to 10ish.  Yeah, we'll see! It's hot, steep and let's face it, I am really only a pretend runner! Until next year ladies!

0 comments: